Personal data will be stored at any given time only if you receive a product and/or service from Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking or in case you have given your explicit consent. Personal data will be stored by:
Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking
Netherlands Chamber of Commerce Registration:
Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking is bound by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), keeping customer administration and data management for analysis and marketing purposes. Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking has the duty to carry out its responsibilities under the GDPR. Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking is responsible for all data processing on behalf of Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking, which includes www.dawnpatrol.cloud.
Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking collects and processes personal data for customer administration, the general implementation of the agreement, the customer service, the app, personal marketing and to comply with legal obligations.
The personal data collected by Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking will serve mainly to comply with the agreement relating to the provision of a product and/or service by Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking. If this data is not provided, Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking is unable to fulfil its contractual obligations.
Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking handles your personal data with utmost care and does everything reasonably possible to store your data in a safe manner. Possible data breaches will be reported to both the Dutch “Data Protection Authority (DPA)” and those whose personal data may have been compromised. In the event of a data breach, Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking will always take appropriate measures to safeguard the integrity of the website.
If you feel that your personal information is used, gained, saved and/or obtained incorrectly, and it is despite numerous requests impossible to delete your information, you can submit a complaint at the Dutch DPA at any time.
Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking stores the following types of your personal data:
- to implement the agreement for the services provided: your name, profile picture and email address, location information (including date, time and geo-location information as well as your speed and pace). For example, without this the location information Dawn Patrol Surf Track will not be able to provide the service.
- to distribute newsletters: your name, address, postal code, city, telephone number and/or email address;
- to handle complaints and questions: your name, address, postal code, city, email address and/or telephone number.
Personal data is never stored for a longer period than is strictly necessary and can be viewed, altered and removed by you at any time. When using pictures or other images showing natural people, Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking will always first ask permission of the person whose picture or image will be used. Viewing, altering and removing (including the right to be permanently removed), and withdrawing your consent can be effected by means of the newsletter or through a clear statement addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking may collect health information such as heart rate and calories burned. Your health data will not be stored on servers of Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking. Personal Health data is never shared with third parties and you can withdraw your consent for Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking to collect and access this data at any time.
Surfline Integration – Sharing Your Session Data with Surfline
If you are a user of Surfline we will, with your prior consent only, notify Surfline\Wavetrak, Inc. (the providers of Surfline) that you wish to integrate your Dawn Patrol account with your Surfline account. Once the integration is completed, we will pass to Surfline details of your previous and future surf sessions recorded on Dawn Patrol (the beginning and end of your session and the geo-location, top speed and distance ridden for each wave, and total distance travelled in each session). Surfline\Wavetrak, Inc has agreed that it will use that data for the purposes of synching it with their surf webcams, which will enable you to more easily see video of your sessions on Surfline. Surfline\Wavetrak, Inc will also list you and your session data on leaderboards (if you opt in), and they will use an anonymised version of the dataset for statistical analysis and forecasting purposes.
You can withdraw your consent to this ongoing sharing at any time by means of the ‘[Disconnect]’ option in your Dawn Patrol app settings, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Withdrawing your consent in this way will result in our stopping sending Surfline any new session data. To be clear, it will not delete from Surfline any prior session data shared by us. If you need to delete historic session data from your Surfline account, you will need to contact Surfline.
Surfline is based in the United States. The US does not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and European Union. Any transfer of your personal data to Surfline will be subject to appropriate safeguards as permitted under GDPR. These are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights. To achieve this, we use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which gives personal data the same protection as it has in Europe. See here for more details – https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_enSurfline is based in the United States. The US does not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and European Union. Any transfer of your personal data to Surfline will be subject to appropriate safeguards as permitted under GDPR. These are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights. To achieve this, we use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which gives personal data the same protection as it has in Europe. See here for more details – https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en
We will remove your personal data:
- in relation to the implementation of the agreement: 5 years after termination of the agreement for possible future agreements, unless you have explicitly given permission to store the personal data for a longer period or if the data must be kept for a longer period due to legal regulation or provision;
- in relation to payment and handling invoices: 7 years after paying the relevant invoice, in order to fulfil the legal obligation of the Dutch Tax Authorities;
- in relation to the newsletter: after cancellation;
- in relation to handling complaints and questions: after satisfactory resolution of the complaint.
To comply in accordance with the agreement, Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking is able to employ a number of external parties whom may also have access to your data . In any case these parties will only store your data for the amount of time required to perform their work. This personal data will under no circumstances be used for any purposes other than the work performed on behalf of Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking, unless the people who are involved explicitly have been asked for permission. All external transfers of personal data are subject to data processing agreements.
For the distribution of its newsletter Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking uses an email service provider. Personal data, insofar as it is required for the distribution of the newsletter, will be made available to the email service provider.
For handling complaints and questions Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking uses an external customer service. Personal data, insofar as it is required for handling the complaints and questions will be made available to an external complaint service.
Finally, Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking has made Processor Agreements with external party (parties) for the implementation of the agreement. Explicit permission is always requested of you, when its required for the execution of the agreement to process special personal data.
In case you wish to receive more information about which data is used by the external parties, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the GDPR you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email us at email@example.com
- let us have enough information to identify you, Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking is at liberty to compile a blacklist in relation to personal data of people who have committed a serious infringement of the trust invested in them by Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking. The blacklist will be retained indefinitely and access will only be given to a very limited group of employees of Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking. The blacklist will be stored, also for future deals of Dawn Patrol Surf Tracking. People who fail to meet payments despite repeatedly requested, will be included on the blacklist.